Latest News about TRS
By October 1, 2019, TRS will become the exclusive platform for all automobile subrogation arbitration program cases.
Updates to AF's Arbitration Rules
July 17, 2019
As we upgrade Online Filing to the TRS technology platform, we want to share updates to the Rules, noting TRS terminology and changes for new Auto filings, effective October 1, 2019.
Upcoming TRS Q&A
July 12, 2019
Do you have questions about TRS? Join us for a live Q&A! We will be hosting a 30-minute webinar that is geared toward members who are not currently participating in TRS and are interested in learning more and/or have questions about TRS. Sign up for the webinar
Non-Signatories and the Upgrade to TRS
June 18, 2019
As a reminder, TRS is not currently available to non-signatories but will be available in the future.
Upcoming Changes to Arbitration Privileges
April 12, 2019
As part of the Online Filing (OLF) upgrade to the Total Recovery Solution® (TRS®) platform effective October 1, 2019, AF will be assigning privileges for TRS to all existing arbitration users at all member companies.
Some of the functionality you will see deployed during 2019 includes:
- Ability to request a deferment; ability for an adverse party to challenge the deferment request.
- Ability for a signatory to file against a non-signatory or vice versa. This includes scenarios in which the non-signatory consents to arbitrate or the loss state mandates the use of intercompany arbitration through AF.
Welcome Recent TRS Members
||WMATA (Washington Area Metro)
||Interins Exchange of Auto Club
Upcoming Tentative Launch Dates
||Pekin Farmers Group
||West Bend Mutual
||Main Street America
||First Insurance Company of Hawaii
||Electric Insurance Company
A Look Ahead
- Extensions and revisits are one of many topics we will continue to work with the membership and our Board of Directors to evaluate throughout 2019. We anticipate completing the evaluation with our members and Board to determine the best solution for extensions and revisits at the beginning of Q4 2019. These changes, and others, will be based on the needs of the membership as a whole and the long-term benefits our members expect from the TRS technology platform.
- PIP and MedPay arbitration programs will transition to the upgraded technology in 2020.
- All remaining arbitration programs will be upgraded to the TRS platform by the end of 2021.