Here are few things to keep in mind when entering Prior Payments:
- Per Rule 2-5, prior payments must be entered in the “Add Prior Payment Made” field for the credit to be applied to the award. If you enter payments in other fields, such as liability arguments, damage disputes or additional exposures, the payment will not be reduced from the award.
- Do attach evidence supporting that a payment was cashed/cleared. Otherwise, a credit will not be applied.
- Do not enter payments for out-of-pocket expenses or damages NOT sought in the filing (i.e., out of pocket rental or contents in the vehicle). These damages would be entered as an additional exposure if policy limits are at risk.
A few things to keep in mind when entering Additional Exposures:
- Additional Exposures are parties with damages that an Adverse Party may be legally liable to pay and are not named in the current case.
- If policy limits are NOT at risk, do not enter additional exposures to the arbitration case.
- Do not add additional exposures for parties named in the current filing (i.e., the Recovering Party).
- Do attach evidence supporting the additional exposure (i.e., police report or recorded statement verifying an exposure exists).