2015: Year in Review
In 2015, members filed over 693,000 arbitration disputes and 1,494,000 subrogation demands collectively worth over $9.75 billion in claims. AF continues to enhance the arbitration and subrogation process through member feedback. See what AF has done over the past year to improve member products and services.
At AF, we support efficient processes that save time and improve the accuracy of filings. Take a look at just some of the enhancements we implemented throughout 2015 to make it faster and easier to do business with us.
- Sustained critical system uptime of 99.7%
- Revised the appeal process for the Property Forum and enhanced arbitrator profiling to match arbitrator experience and knowledge to claim type (i.e., homeowner's fire, cargo in transit, watercraft, etc.)
- Increased efficiencies and decreased our carbon footprint with E-Statements, electronic billing statements that members retrieve from the AF Web site
- Created a system announcement feature to alert users to new product features and functionality or other critical, time-sensitive communications
- Updated the Reference Guide to AF's Agreements and Rules
In 2015, participation in E-Subro Hub continued to grow, bringing the market share to 85% (auto written premium). AF added additional functionality and improved existing functionality to make E-Subro Hub more efficient and easier to use!
- Introduced an option to specify whether Auto Damages (Company Paid) are "Collision" or "Comp (OTC)"
- Released a new enhancement that enables a party to make private evidence public after a demand is issued
Helping Members Achieve Their Goals
AF prides itself on providing our membership with high-quality services that achieve best-in-class member satisfaction. This includes training to improve performance — for both users (E-Subro Hub and Arbitration) as well as arbitrators. Training is offered via Webinars, tutorials, and online reference guides at absolutely no cost to members. These resources are updated throughout the year to provide members the latest information on the procedures of each program; practical application of the arbitration rules; presenting an effective case to a neutral arbitrator; and, as an arbitrator, hearing cases.
- 3,530 arbitrators completed AF's Writing Quality Decisions training
- Arbitrator QwikShares (20-minute, topic specific Webinars) were provided on: Navigating Decision Entry, Overriding Awards, Liability Decisions, Affirmative Defenses, Counterclaims, The Decision Explanation, and Prima Facie Cases
Article published in: January 2016 E-Bulletin