Latest News about TRS
Recent and Upcoming Enhancements
Below is an update on enhancements we have previously announced, which have been made possible by your feedback.
- PIP and Medical Payment Arbitration in Total Recovery Solution® (TRS®) (December 14, 2020) – On Monday, December 14, AF will introduce enhanced functionality to allow the filing of new PIP and Medical Payment (Med Pay) coverages within Total Recovery Solution® (TRS®). Note: Does not include NY PIP. By filing these coverages in TRS, members will benefit from reduced cycle time and improved decision quality. To ensure a seamless transition for our members, filing PIP and Med Pay in TRS is recommended, with the Online Filing (OLF) platform still available for use.
AF will offer training webinars specific to PIP and Med Pay beginning November 1. In addition, tutorials and job aids will be available on the AF website.
- Admit Liability (November 21, 2020) – Most arbitration cases are two-party cases for damage disputes only, yet both parties are required to enter their liability arguments and attach their supporting evidence in TRS. AF is introducing a new E-Subro Hub feature within the Counter Offer and Reduced Payment negotiation actions that will allow the responder to admit 100% liability. In the event the demand proceeds to arbitration, the 100% liability admission will carry over into TRS. Companies will opt in to this new feature through a new company configuration option.
- Shared Evidence (October 31, 2020) – As communicated in the June 2020 E-Bulletin, AF’s Board of Directors approved the update to Arbitration Rule 5-3. For Auto supplemental filings, evidence submitted by the parties to support or dispute the supplemental damages will be viewable to the parties on the initial filing.
Any new party subsequently added to the case (to recover their damages from one or all of the initial parties) would not see the public evidence. Users should review their evidence and redact any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) it may contain.
Please see the screenshot below for an example.
As mentioned in July, AF will also be focused on updating the user interface platform to enhance the TRS experience and performing a phased launch of TRS Auto Visualization Metrics in Q4. In Q1 and Q2 2021, we will be releasing TRS enhancements to provide users the opportunity to update certain aspects of their arbitration filings and responses after submission.
Additional details and training materials will be shared as we near the release dates. Each of these enhancements involves a unique layer of complexity, and our AF teams are working diligently to bring these to you in a timely fashion.
As always, we appreciate your patience and continued support as we incorporate your valued feedback into our products and services. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our members and look forward to releasing these enhancements later this year.
A Look Ahead
- All remaining arbitration programs will be upgraded to the TRS platform by the end of 2021.
- Coming in Q1 and Q2 of 2021, we will be releasing TRS enhancements to provide users the opportunity to update certain aspects of their arbitration filings and responses after submission. The limited amendment functionality will be tailored to address member feedback requests without adversely affecting the enhanced cycle time benefit the TRS minimal-touch design provides.