- Recent decision quality trends and drivers
- Answer questions you may have on hearing cases
Key takeaways include the following:
- Preponderance of Evidence: A party must only prove that the argument is more likely than not to be correct; not beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Prima Facie Case: A party has provided enough evidence to justify a decision in its favor absent a supported rebuttal from the opposing party.
- When hearing cases:
- Take appropriate time to review the evidence, read the arguments, and “find the truth”
- Remember that Contentions + Evidence = Fact
- Incorporate case-specific comments in your decision