A Closer Look at E-Subro Hub FAQs

What happens when the Third-Party Administrator (TPA) has not been granted E-Subro Hub access by a company they manage claims for?

As you know, TPAs can be active participants in the E-Subro Hub process. While TPAs are most commonly involved with property damage reviews, they will also issue demands on behalf of member companies. When doing so, in most instances, the TPA has been associated with the member company. When a claim is referred to the TPA, he or she will initiate the subrogation process and can easily issue and maintain a demand in the E-Subro Hub system.

However, what happens when the TPA is unable to issue demands in E-Subro Hub on the member’s behalf because he or she has not been granted E-Subro Hub access by a company he or she manages claims for? With no ability to initiate a demand for a member in E-Subro Hub, the TPA would have little choice but to issue the demand outside the E-Subro Hub platform. Assuming the demanding company and responding company are both active in E-Subro Hub, this process would be inconsistent with the E-Subro Hub Agreement signed by active member companies.

This dilemma can easily be resolved when the member submits a TPA Consent Letter to AF Member Services (membership@arbfile.org). This document can authorize designated TPAs to issue and/or work E-Subro Hub demands on your company’s behalf.

AF can assist with configuring a TPA workflow that will make the process efficient for both the member and TPA.