March 2017 E-Bulletin for E-Subro Hub
This month's E-Bulletin topics include:
- Document Sharing
Top of this bulletin
In 2017, the E-Subro Hub platform is poised to provide even greater benefits to active member companies. The newest offering, Document Sharing, which leverages much of E-Subro Hub's existing functionality, is now available! If you routinely use E-Subro Hub, you may have noticed the new Document Sharing icon on your work list.
E-Subro Hub members can use Document Sharing to provide structured data and documents internally, to other members, and outside vendors. Document Sharing incorporates many of the advantages of the E-Subro Hub system:
- Secure electronic document transmission and storage
- Ability to manage who can access documents and which documents are accessible
- Log of communication with the parties that receive Document Sharing files
- Ability to easily send and receive information requests
- Eliminates hard copy printing, shipping, and tracking
- Can improve recovery cycle time
The following are just some of the potential scenarios in which Document Sharing would be an ideal solution:
- For claims involving an uninsured motorist and responsibility for subrogation will be assigned to an outside vendor. Document Sharing will allow a member to create a secure file that includes relevant claim information and supporting documentation for the vendor to access and use in its collection process.
- For claims involving two or more insureds from the same member company where the matter is disputed, commonly referred to as cross-insureds or double-insureds. In this scenario, it is common for the dispute to be resolved internally through a claim review. Document Sharing allows the investigating associates to create a file to provide claim contentions and supporting documentation that can be viewed by internal managers or associates designated to make a decision and resolve the dispute.
- For claims involving in-house or outside counsel. Document Sharing will allow a member to create a secure file that includes relevant claim information and supporting documentation for the attorney to access and use in his or her claim handling process.
Being active in E-Subro Hub does not automatically give you Document Sharing capabilities with another E-Subro Hub active company. The Document Sharing companies must agree to issue and receive files between each other, and the companies must first be activated and configured for Document Sharing.